Agricultural Solar Energy
Solar energy is the primary factor in the photosynthetic process of growing plants, and it can also be channeled through solar panels and transformed into a valuable resource for agricultural businesses to save money, enhance energy independence, and reduce pollution.
Highly dependable solar photovoltaic (PV) systems for agriculture are commonly used for basic equipment operation and as component prices have decreased, solar panels that were costly are now affordable and accessible for all types of farming operations.
- Realize considerable cost reductions – replacing expensive/dirty energy purchased from utility companies help yield healthier operating margins
- Protect against volatility by securing energy costs – in addition to delivering predictable energy outputs, our solar systems are warrantied, for both operation and performance, for 25 years at a known cost that is fixed once the system is activated.
- Leverage the use of uncultivated land to create energy throughout your entire operation
- Relatively small amount of land used for solar can provide significant energy savings
- Achieve attractive investment returns and payback – solar can often provide attractive rates of return on invested capital, either through direct purchase or using financing
- Balance income tax liability with Federal Investment Tax Credit – commercial agricultural entities with income tax liabilities can utilize the 26% Federal Income Tax Credit and accelerated depreciation through section 179 to mitigate tax liabilities.